Spirit in the Sky...

So I did another little concept sketch of the flying city with more of a mechanical look in mind (left). At that point Steph had drawn out her city background and asked me to have a go at colouring. Right is a sketch I did of a section of the city using Steph's background as a guide. It took me around 2 minutes, whilst the concept sketch was around 25 minutes.



I really love the background Steph has come up with. The detail is amazing and I feel it really captures the atmosphere of the city (as she conveyed it to me). She said she liked the minimal black and white, so whilst I did do a more colorful version of these, I felt that these might be more what she was looking for:



I haven't had any more feedback from Steph, so we shall just have to wait and see if this side of my Collaborative is finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment